Friday, June 18, 2010

"Everywhere around the world, they're coming to America..."

Even though I've been back home for about three weeks, I'm still readjusting to life in America.  It's strange - this is my home, so you'd think there would be no readjustment needed...but after a year and a half abroad, I forgot some things about the US.

Like how big everything (and everyone) is.
Or which side of the road we drive on (don't worry - this was just a very quick second guess of myself the first time I drove...it quickly came back to me).
And just how amazing grilled hamburgers and hot dogs really are.

It's been great seeing my friends and family and catching up on what I missed while I was gone, but I really miss Japan.  More than I thought I would.  I miss my friends and students all the way across the world.  I really hope I can go back someday to visit, and that they can come over and visit me!

2 comments: